[linux-audio-user] Jazz++ on RedHat 7.2 anyone ?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Jazz++ on RedHat 7.2 anyone ?
From: Stephen Burgess (strangelv_AT_lycos.co.uk)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 23:48:59 EEST

Hi all,
I am desperately trying to get the Jazz++ sequencer to run on Linux 7.2
with a softsynth and ALSA 0.9.0. I manage to use iiwusynth with pmidi or
vkey in the following way :
$ iiwusynth -m alsa_seq sf/sYnerGi-8Mb.sf2
$ vkeybd --addr 128:0

But when I launch jazz, I get the following error messages :
ioctl: Inappropriate ioctl for device
ioctl: Inappropriate ioctl for device
subscribe: Inappropriate ioctl for device
ioctl: Inappropriate ioctl for device
unsubscribe: Inappropriate ioctl for device
I never got any sound out of the pianoroll, I never got any sound when
by downloading the win32 version. I tried both the rpm and the binary
versions (ver 4.1.3) as I couldn't manage to compile version 4.1.8. I am
using the default jazz.cfg file which is set for ALSA. What am I doing
wrong ? Is Jazz++ not meant to use alsa_sequencer ?

--
Operant conditionning : A process in which responses are learned
on the basis of their rewarding or punishing consequences.