[linux-audio-user] Echo Layla 24

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Echo Layla 24
From: Christian Schoenebeck (christian.schoenebeck_AT_epost.de)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 19:38:12 EEST

Hi!

Has anybody tested the Echo Layla 24? I'm searching for an external audio
interface with low latency (for soft synths) and high audio quality (I'm
tired of internal cards, buzzing or making stupid sounds when I'm moving the
mouse or something) and of course it should support Linux.

Layla catched my eye first, because you can also use it in conjunction with a
laptop. That's very handy, although not that important.

Any pros or contras? Or can anybody recommend another device that matches
these criterias?

And whatabout DSP functionality? I read a while ago that there are interfaces
which come with DSP chips. Is that useful? Or are they supported only by very
few programs?

Regards,
Christian