Re: [linux-audio-user] Alsa / usbmidi

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Alsa / usbmidi
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 19:29:43 EEST

[3] wrote:
> Hey guys,
> i'm having a bit of trouble getting my Eidrol Um-1 usb midi interface to
> work..
> i'm running it along side a vibra128 (snd-ens1371) which is working fine..
> i've tried the 'nix-midi how-to and it has given me no luck..
> i' ve compiled the usb hub drivers into the kernal, but alsa is in
> modules...
> i can modprobe the snd-usb-midi and it seems fine.. but its not listed in
> /proc/modules
> i've no idea how to fix it...so any suggestions / help would be muchly
> appreciated
> + i've just installed gcc v3.2 and its killed xfs
> so xfree86 wont load(can't find font "fixed" on unix:/-xxxx) where xxxx some
> port number around the 6 or 7k mark
> blaaa
> thanks in advanced
> [3]
> machine_AT_vectorstar.net

Are you using the rc3 version or cvs of alsa?

Have you read the online docs accessed through the soundcard matrix?

If you are using cvs then you should only have to load snd-usb-audio and
it will auto load the snd-usb-midi module for you. The midi code was
merged with the audio code recently.

When rc4 is released later this week the docs will be updated to reflect
this and a couple of other changes.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol and put_symbol I think we used to have..." - Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem