Re: [linux-audio-user] audio editor that imports real audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] audio editor that imports real audio
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Sat Oct 12 2002 - 21:14:25 EEST

Lloyd R. Prentice wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>

>>I want to access a dj set that is pointed to/linked to through a cfm
>>file. The file is actually an asf which xine and mplayer support but
>>neither of them can understand how to read the link.
>>
>>I have been trying to get freeamp but the site is either down or it's
>>moved and I don't have the correct link.
>>
>>realplayer and xmms cannot access the stream either.
>>

> Cold Fusion deals with files through the <CFFILE ACTION="someAction"> tag,
> where someAction = Move|Rename|Copy|Delete|Read|Write.
>
> An example of the Read action would be:
>
> <CFFILE ACTION="Read"
> FILE="file_name"
> VARIABLE="var_name">
>
> var_name is the name of the CF variable that will contain the file once it's read.
>
> Is this any more help?

not really. There is a link on a page which points to this address:

/launch.cfm?mixid=5014

If I click it I get a mozilla open/save dialog and none of the apps I
try to use can follow the link.

So far I have tried mplayer, xine, realplay, xmms.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol and put_symbol I think we used to have..." - Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem