Re: [linux-audio-user] Announcing initial release of FreqTweak

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Announcing initial release of FreqTweak
From: James Tappin (james_AT_tappin.me.uk)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 15:59:26 EEST

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:02:19 -0300
luis jure <luisjure_AT_multitel.com.uy> wrote:

> el Sun, 13 Oct 2002 17:15:02 -0700 (PDT)
> kevin ernste <kevinernste_AT_yahoo.com> escribió:
>

> > configure: error: "Could not find FFTW! Is it
> > installed (www.fftw.org)?"
>
> how did you install fftw? first i built from sources (fftw 2.1.3 from
> www.fftw.org) and i got the same message. i was about to write to the
> list when i realized that the package installed only this:
>
> /usr/local/include/fftw.h
> /usr/local/include/rfftw.h
> /usr/local/info/fftw.info
> /usr/local/info/fftw.info-1
> /usr/local/info/fftw.info-2
> /usr/local/info/fftw.info-3
> /usr/local/info/fftw.info-4
> /usr/local/info/fftw.info-5
> /usr/local/lib/libfftw.a
> /usr/local/lib/libfftw.la
> /usr/local/lib/librfftw.a
> /usr/local/lib/librfftw.la
>
> so i decided to try the precompiled rpms. i downloaded and installed
> both fftw-2.1.3-1.i386.rpm and fftw-2.1.3-devel-1.i386.rpm, and then
> everything went fine (i deleted the sources directory and untared
> afresh).

I didn't catch the start of this thread, so I may be talking through the
top of my head.

On "gotcha" with fftw is on SuSE systems where then is (IIRC) libdfftw.so
and libsfftw.so for double and single precision respectively. For an
example of how to work around it in the configure stage have a look at gwc
(htpp://gwc.sourceforge.net).

James

--
James Tappin,             O__      "I forget the punishment for using
james_AT_tappin.me.uk       --  \/`    Microsoft --- Something lingering