Re: [linux-audio-user] JACK -> aRts

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] JACK -> aRts
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 18:42:49 EEST

kasper_AT_303.nu wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>From the JACK FAQ:
> "aRts, a streaming media architecture: aRts was not designed from the ground
> up with low-latency in mind. Not a fault, but a design decision. A jack
> output element could be written for aRts, though, as far as I can tell."
>
> Anybody tried this already? If not, I would like to spend some time creating
> an aRts output element, because my laptop soundchip doesn't have decent ALSA
> drivers. And it seems easier to write a jack output for aRts than to debug
> the es18xx ALSA drivers.

AFAIK it hasn't been attempted yet. You should get in touch with the
arts-devel list though because they have quite an active development
group from what I've heard.

It would be very useful for many people.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol and put_symbol I think we used to have..." - Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem