Re: [linux-audio-user] latency questions

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] latency questions
From: G. M. Bodnar (greg_AT_sapheron.org)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 22:24:04 EEST

Joern Nettingsmeier is on permanent record as saying:
:"G. M. Bodnar" wrote:
:>
:> 1) DMA transer won't enable. I've enabled DMA transfers in the kernel
:> as suggested by the howto. However, I'm unable to turn on dma access
:> with hdparm. I'm told the operation is not permitted.
:
:probably a stupid question, but did you try as root ?

I have missed things that obvious in the past, and probably will again,
but not this time. hdparm won't even let me read a device without root
access.

Greg
--- -