Re: [linux-audio-user] m-audio quattro and alsa mixer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] m-audio quattro and alsa mixer
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 06:30:33 EEST

iriXx wrote:
> hi
>
> im using 0.9rc3 - should i upgrade to cvs?
> all that qinit says is "Segmentation fault" - can check dmesg /
> /var/log/messages etc. tho if you need...
> thanks, yes its a useful script... ahh, i see, if it has no mixer elems
> that would explain the message from alsamixer, i was worried i'd done
> something wrong in the config. volume adjusts fine with alsaplayer but
> xmms plays *very* loud... like i have it on about 1% and its already
> booming...

Try the output level button on the box. By my estimations it
increases/decreases the volume by about 50%.

I use xmms routinely and have no problem with excessive noise.

> i do use an analog mixer at home but when im out n about with
> the laptop i tend to just use cans (except for performance of course)...

I wouldn't even try to use it without an external mixer. I have to say
that in terms of features I didn't exactly get what I wanted but the
sound quality is excellent afaict.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol and put_symbol I think we used to have..." - Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem