[linux-audio-user] usb midi question...

Subject: [linux-audio-user] usb midi question...
From: m (m_AT_irixx.org)
Date: Sat Oct 19 2002 - 01:46:40 EEST

hi all,

got a quick q about usb midi in alsa...

i've already built my alsa-driver (0.9.rc3) for snd-usb-audio, to run my
quattro....

but i've just been given an Evolution UC-16 on trial, which is usb midi.

so normally, i'd rebuild my alsa-driver ./configure
--with-cards=usb-audio --with-cards=usb-midi but it will only ever build
just one of the drivers if i do that (usually the last one in the
list)...

is there a way i can build usb-midi *and* usb-audio?
i'll probably be doing quite a bit of testing with usb-midi, but will
mostly be running usb-audio for my own use.

or is it possible to build the alsa-driver for usb-midi and manually
copy it into place?

thanx in advance

m~

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom? info_AT_copyleftmedia.org.uk www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

_ ( ) ascii ribbon against html email X / \ cat /dev/sda1 > /dev/dsp

*** stopping make sense ***