[linux-audio-user] Sound card question..

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Sound card question..
From: Ish Rattan (ishwar_AT_pali.cps.cmich.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 18:00:32 EET

I am interested in transferring some audio from cassette
tapes to CD. I know that I need a good tape deck (have one)
but would like an opinion on the rest.

Is there a tool under linux (gnome/kde) taht will allow me
to record the info to .wav files?

The choice of sound cards (<= $60.0):

        . sound blaster Live
        . sound blaster Audigy 1
        . Turtle beach santa cruz

which one is likely to work better? I have heard that DSP
info under TBSC is propitery, does SBAudigy have a better support?

Thanks for your time.
-ishwar