Re: [linux-audio-user] All at the same time?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] All at the same time?
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 01:18:27 EET

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 10:28:25AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> But even having done that, I need to mix the outputs of all these synths
> into a single stereo signal. As I understand jack it doesn't do this for me,
> correct?

Incorrect. Jack will mix any number of sources attached to the same
port. So just attach all the synths to the same 2 jack ports.

(e.g. alsa_pcm:out_1 and alsa_pcm:out_2 ... soon to be renamed
alsa_pcm:playback_1, alsa_pcm:playback_2 or something like that)

--PW

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com "Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"