Re: [linux-audio-user] playing line in on sound card 2 on line out of sound card 1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] playing line in on sound card 2 on line out of sound card 1
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 21:52:19 EET

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 13:26, rob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a quick question.
> Can i get line in on my second sound card to play through the line out
> of my first?
>
> I thought that arecord -D trident | aplay -D sblive might work but it
> dosn't seem to :(

This is just in case anybody else was trying to do the same thing.
The arecord thing did work but there was a couple of second delay on the
audio that I couldn't get rid of.

Finaly I managed to acheive it with:

ecasound -f 16,2,44100,i -i alsa,trident -o alsa,sblive

(the names trident and sblive come from the .asoundrc file more info
about it can be found at the alsa webpage)

it sounds slightly tiny but there is no delay :)

--

rob