Re: [Re: [linux-audio-user] building the dream Linux music box]

Subject: Re: [Re: [linux-audio-user] building the dream Linux music box]
From: Brian Redfern (bredfern_AT_calarts.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 02:14:02 EET

Probably true, but I found using the Audiophile 24/96 with alsa 0.9 was a
totally simple and painfree experience, though its possible that the RME
is similarly simple. All I know is my Audiophile, but once I realized I
needed to use envy24control with it I was off and running and the sound
quality I get with recordings blows my old SBLive card out of the water,
but then again the RME would similarly blow any consumer sound card away.

What's more important is that Midiman hasn't blocked the alsa developers
from having access to the needed specs, but I don't know about RME, it may
be that teh cards are equally supported, but I have read of some
difficulties people had with the RME which led me to chose a Midiman card
instead.

Brian "Asapien" Redfern
linux digital turntablism
asapien.org