Re: [Re: [linux-audio-user] building the dream Linux music box]

Subject: Re: [Re: [linux-audio-user] building the dream Linux music box]
From: Brian Redfern (bredfern_AT_calarts.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 01:58:41 EET

Well, I use the audiophile 24/96, but the delta 10/10 has the external
dac. I still need to save up for a nice condensor mike and a digital mixer
to get all the functionality from the audiophile, right now I use a little
line level mixer and do my recording directly into an asrx sampler with an
SM 57 mike, which has given me decent results. I use the audiophile just
to record the sound off of my synths, since I still do most of my
composition via midi. Midiman openly supports Linux, which is really rare
for a sound hardware maker, so that's why I chose them over the
Hammerfall, but I've read that Paul Davis has had some really good results
with the hammerfall.

Brian "Asapien" Redfern
linux digital turntablism
asapien.org