Re: [linux-audio-user] usb-midi midisport strange firmware

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] usb-midi midisport strange firmware
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano (nando_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 02:58:19 EET

> when i download the firmware to the device using ezusb2131, all the
> lights go on and then it doesn'y work. when i downloaded the same
> firmware to the device with my 2.4.10 kernel, it worked. I had a 2x2
> firmware as well, so i thought i'd try to download that to the device
> for a laugh. This downloaded fine and now the midi in on the device
> works. The midi out doesn't tho. Interestingly, the midi out light is
> pulsing, which is what the /usb/ in light used to do when i used the 1x1
> firmware with the 2.4.10 kernel. Has anyone seen anything like this with
> a midisport 1x1?

Yes, you have to use a newer version of the firmware (just tested it a
few days ago). It is available from cvs in the sourceforge linux hotplug
project:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-hotplug/

I think the files you need are in:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/linux-hotplug/firmware/ezusb/midi/original/

> At least the midi in works :)
>
> oh and if anyone else is using this device, i found this page very
> useful as it showed me how to set up hotplug to download the firmware
> automatically:
>
> http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/nanohowtos.html

I have to update the page with the new drivers... too many things to do
:-)
-- Fernando