[linux-audio-user] rme96 + 8 ADAT channels eith ecasound ?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] rme96 + 8 ADAT channels eith ecasound ?
From: Olaf Titel (olaf_AT_title.de)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 14:39:19 EET

Hi dear mailing list ?

I have got one question.

I'm using ALSA + digi96/8 PAD with an external ADAT (Korg 880D/A)

I can play sounds on the device hw:0 (analog).

I can also play sounds with the device hw:0,1 (ADAT) with ecasound and
aplay and other software.But in the momment all the sounds are send to
the first two ADAT-channels

Is it possible to use all 8 channels with ecasound or jack ?

Have I to send an 8 channel interleaved file or sterro files how?
How does it work.

Or have I to set up a special multichannel configuration in the
.asoundrc file.

Thank you.

Olaf Titel

--