[linux-audio-user] FWD: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Please test my MidiSport firmware loader

Subject: [linux-audio-user] FWD: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Please test my MidiSport firmware loader
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 22:26:46 EET

This was just sent to LAD. I would test it but I don't have any midi
instruments these days.

It installs very easily once you have the correct files.

----
Hi,

I've created a package which extracts the firmware for MidiSport devices from the Windows driver files and installs the hotplug script to download the firmware. You can get it at <http://www.informatik.uni-halle.de/~ladischc/midisport_linux_firmware.html>.

There are some differences to Lars Doelle's GPL firmware: - it supports MidiSport 4x4/8x8/Keystation/Oxygen - no configuration file editing, just 'make install' - it requires ALSA because the Midiman firmware doesn't conform to the USB MIDI specification

I don't have a MidiSport device, so this is completely untested.

Regards, Clemens ----

-- Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd. For the discerning hardware connoisseur http://www.boosthardware.com http://www.djcj.org - The Linux Audio Users guide ========================================

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman