Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ppc linux audio
From: Emiliano Grilli (emillo_AT_libero.it)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 14:09:37 EET
matthew yee-king <yeeking_AT_no-future.com> ha scritto:
> Hi Emiliano
> I see you are another ppc linux audio user. I am interested to find out
> how well audio apps are working on your system.
> Which apps do you use and what hardware have you got?
I have a G3 366 'coloured' ibook with 192M of RAM and the griffin iMic USB
that IIRC you have too. For the last 6 months or so I was running SuSE 7.3,
but now I'm on debian woody with benh kernel 2.4.20 and self-compiled ALSA
0.9.0rc5 that works very well.
Apps that work:
* timidity (ALSA server mode)
* alsa modular synth
* muse (debian stock version but I have not tried all features)
* arecord, aplay, aconnect
Apps that NOT work:
* ecasound (message saying that only PCMBLABLA format is supported)
* audacity (white noise output)
* cecilia (bug with tcl, I think it needs libc5 or something similar)
Other apps I don't know, I'm trying to get ardour+jack compiled
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Fri Nov 15 2002 - 14:08:52 EET