Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] Documentation on AlsaModularSynth

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] Documentation on AlsaModularSynth
From: Dr. Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 20:05:38 EET

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Bill Allen wrote:

> This is great. Thanks. I'm still working with AMS quite a lot, but I'm
> finding that the patches I can build are limited due to my poor 350MHz PII
> system :-(

Try ams-1.5.4. It runs faster (around 25%, I guess) because I'm now using
tables for the exp(). There is possibly still room for performance
improvement. This is however limited until I start to add CPU specific
optimization (like in commercially available softsynths).

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni
SuSE GmbH