Re: [linux-audio-user] formatting music

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] formatting music
From: Ross Vandegrift (ross_AT_willow.seitz.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 16:09:13 EET

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 10:36:33PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i'd like to be able to typeset something like:
>

> | Dm7 G7 | Dm7 G7 | Em7 A7 | Em7 A7 |
> | | | | |
> | % % % % | % % % % | % % % % | % % % % |
> | | | | |

> instead of what chord (or guitartex) does:
>

> Dm7 G7 Dm7 G7 Em7 A7 Em7 A7
> Cigarette holder which wigs me, over her shoulder, she digs me

It's campy and hackish, but enter your lyrics as "%" and "|" (or whatever
symbols you want). Write it like this:

Dm7 G7 Dm7 G7 Em7 A7

et cetera, and so on.

Hopefully someone'll be able to give you a better suggestion though...

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross_AT_willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon. He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon. He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon. He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon. He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon. He makes it official. It is a Cannon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon. Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.