Re: [linux-audio-user] jack question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] jack question
From: Jesse Chappell (jesse_AT_essej.net)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 18:37:26 EET

j.c.w. wrote on Tue, 19-Nov-2002:

> yes, i rebuilt everything from scratch _after_ i rebuilt jack. that's
> what has me so confused. i track the jack-dev list and haven't seen
> anyone with a similar situation, so i am at a bit of a loss...

Are you sure that there is no other older jackd or libjack.so* that
could be picked up at runtime exists on your system?

> of course, i am assuming that freqtweak et al have caught up with the
> most recent jack changes, but i thought that the occurences of
> "playback" and "capture" would indicate that they had.

freqtweak should be alright if you are using 0.4.5 or CVS.

> >>greetings all,
> >>wazowski:/home/jcw# freqtweak -i none,none -n ft
> >>JACK error: cannot connect input port: none -> _pcm:playback_18
> >>JACK error: cannot connect output port: ft:in_1 -> alsa_pcm:playback_1
> >>JACK error: cannot connect input port: none -> %
> >>JACK error: cannot connect output port: -> alsa_pcm:playback_2

This is a frightening output ;} Definitely looks like some
sort of jackd/libjack mismatch with all the messed up portname
strings.

jlc