Re: [linux-audio-user] ardour-jack question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ardour-jack question
From: jordan muscott (jordan_AT_no-future.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 21:37:48 EET

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:28:30 +0100
Emiliano Grilli <emillo_AT_libero.it> wrote:

>Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com> ha scritto:
>

>> That looks like you are not running them both with the same priveleges.
>>
>> ie. both root or both normal user.
>
>No, It fails in both modes (jackd & ardour by root or jackd & ardour by
>user) It could be that also ardour doesn't want to live in /usr/local (like
>libsndfile)?
>
>Thank you

I don't want to confuse the issue, but i've never had any problem with having libsndfile in /usr/local ... and although i haven't got ardour at the moment, I definately had it in /usr/local with no problems a few months ago.

I do remember having to do :
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
at some point so that something (jack?) could find libsndfile's sndfile.pc file in /usr/local

regards Jordan.

ps - sorry for not really answering your ardour-jack question.