Re: [linux-audio-user] SB Audigy - recommendable?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SB Audigy - recommendable?
From: Anahata (anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 18:55:01 EET

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 02:50:23PM +0100, Emiliano Grilli wrote:

> Or, if you want clean analog output and digital I/O for that price a good
> choice could be the midiman DiO 2448 (notice: no MIDI and no analog inputs)
> Works greatly on Linux

Seconded, though I had to buy OSS drivers for it, and the SP/DIF input
only worked after a long exchange with the developers during which they
sent me several updated versions till it behaved. Even then I think it
will only work at 44.1kHz but that's all I needed.

Can anyone confirm (or otherwise) that the ALSA drivers that come with
Debian 3.0 will support SP/DIF input on the DiO 2448?

The 2496 seems to be a better card generally - despite the only apparent
difference of having a higher sampling rate, in fact it has a completely
different chip and better software support for more platforms.

--
Anahata
anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk