Re: [linux-audio-user] linux audio hardware sites

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] linux audio hardware sites
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 19:09:38 EET

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> http://www.linuxhardware.org/
>
> Recently a few people have complained that there is no real information
> on the audio devices available for Linux users.
>
> The above link takes you to a site which seems to be a very good
> stepping point for us to get the information out there.
>
> Unsurprisingly there is very little info on that site for sound devices
> even though they have provided the forum.

Well this is good news. I posted a very simple comment and it was
accepted. Now I have already had one interested person inquiring to me
about the finer details of USB support. This person has absolutely no
knowledge of Linux Audio and came to me directly from linuxhardware.org.

It seems like this would be a very good site for getting a complete
hardware review forum working. If there are other people eg Mark Knecht,
  Tony Schiavone... who have still got relevant details about their
journeys into low latency testing then if you submit it they will
probably accept it.

Or maybe we should do a compilation of the results gathered so far and
make ourselves look a bit more organised in the process.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman