Re: [linux-audio-user] Which new digi-card for my linux box?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Which new digi-card for my linux box?
From: Anahata (anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 17:46:16 EET

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 07:58:12AM -0600, Jackson Gibbs wrote:
> To clarify, the Zoltrix card has both coax and optical I/O.
>
> I'll try to spend some time getting the ALSA driver installed. Is there
> anything I should know about selecting the coax over the optical inputs?

Most likely the only thing you need to know is not to plug anything into
the coax input if you're using the optical input and vice versa. They
are usually wired together inside, so you don't have to change any
settings. That's how my DiO 2448 does it anyway. The 8738 chip just has
one S/PDIF input pin and doesn't know where the signal came from.

Alternatively there will be a switch or jumper on the Zoltrix card to
select S/PDIF source.

--
Anahata
anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk       Tel: 01638 720444