Re: [linux-audio-user] Any MIDI apps that don't suck?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Any MIDI apps that don't suck?
From: Chris Cannam (cannam_AT_all-day-breakfast.com)
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 00:42:40 EET

On Saturday 30 November 2002 20:03, Silvan wrote:
> Rosegarden: MIDI is still broken [...] the
> developers seem to have the attitude that MIDI is something that's
> not particularly important to them.

That's a very strange thing to say about a MIDI sequencer project.
Why on earth do you think we wouldn't be interested in MIDI?

I can find one email apparently from you on the Rosegarden mailing
lists. It reported (in a very reasonable tone) a problem with stuck
notes. Richard Bown followed up a few days later to say there was a
fix in CVS, and we never heard from you again. I guess the fix
didn't fix your problem. Perhaps you might want to tell us so?

Chris