Re: [linux-audio-user] recording (analog) from live drive

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] recording (analog) from live drive
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 16:07:37 EET

rob wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 07:03, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>>rob wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I just got a sblive platinum 5.1. And am trying to get recording
>>>(analog) from the live drive working. I can record fine from the line
>>>and mic on the back and can here stuff coming in on live drive but I
>>>can't for the life of me get it recorded :(.
>>>
>>>If anyone has managed could they send me the mixer settings they're
>>>using and the command line to arecord (or whatever program there using
>>>to record).
>>>

>>arecord -f cd -d mycard file.wav
>>
>>In the alsamixer window have you set the capture channel/s with the
>>space bar?
>

> Yes. Could you set things up so you can record from it then do

Unfortunately I don't have an sblive drive. I was just trying to find
out what you had attempted so far.

What commandline are you using for arecord?

Do you have an .asoundrc file or are you specifying the card number eg.
hw:0,0

Can you send the output of

        ls /proc/asound/cardX

where X is the sblivedrive

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman