Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: LADSPA plugins - warm sound quality

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: LADSPA plugins - warm sound quality
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 17:46:02 EET

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 11:11:54 +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> What about making a new plugin called eg. Analog glow, which is simply
> the "lowpass->valve sim->lowpass" combination. That could save you some
> time and be more universally applicable.

I think I probably gave the impression that its easier than it is, this
will help for some plugins, but a better solution is for me to just fix
the hard sounding plugins. To get the best results its often neccesary to
mess with the insides.

I'm considering splitting my plugin set into two parts:

building block plugins, that wouldn't particualrly sound good on thier own
(the sort of thing that is ideal for SSM, AMS or PD). eg. basic filters,
envelope followers, oscilators, simple delays etc.

"general" plugins that are more well rounded, eg. reverbs, choruses, more
complex delays etc.

That latter set should all be de-harshed, the former wouldn't.

Comments? I guess if everyone is always going to download both sets it'd
be a waste of time.

- Steve