Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: LADSPA plugins - warm sound quality

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: LADSPA plugins - warm sound quality
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 18:41:32 EET

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 12:53:00 +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> >I think I probably gave the impression that its easier than it is, this
> >will help for some plugins, but a better solution is for me to just fix
> >the hard sounding plugins. To get the best results its often neccesary to
> >mess with the insides.
>
> Fair enough. But it could still be a useful addition esp *when* we have
> hundreds of people contributing plugins that are not quite up to
> standard but would still benefit from this combination.

OK, I dont really like masking the symptoms, but I guess it would be
generally useful. I'l add it to my TODO list.

> >I'm considering splitting my plugin set into two parts:

> My guess is that people want as many plugins and fx as they can find so
> splitting the package doesn't seem neccessary. However grouping the
> plugins using the rdf format you have developed would be helpful.

True. This does come out more-or-less in the current caregorisations, I
could explicity add classes or roles for low- and high-level effects too,
but theres no hurry until more people support it in hosts.

- Steve