RE: [linux-audio-user] Big professional tiMIDIty patchset.. Any interrest ?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Big professional tiMIDIty patchset.. Any interrest ?
From: Roel de Wit (roel_AT_utopiasd.com)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 12:44:42 EET

Hi Mark,

> I would very much like a high-quality GM device for Linux. I'd probably
> use TiMidity to get that.
> I'd also like some really great drum sets also.

Percussion is one of the stronger points from our past patchsets so that
won't be a problem. There will probably be an option to choose between mono
and stereo percussion. If we don't get problems with 'phasing' sound with
stereo samples this will give a very impressive sound. Currenty we are
opting for mono and stereo percussion and mono instruments but that might
change. As soon as there is any update or demo material I'll post an email
regarding this to this mailinglist.

> Bottom line - If the price is low, I'd buy them just to support you. If
> the price goes up, then I'd have to look at the quality carefully. I've
only
> used sound fonts on the Windows platform and I've been pretty disappointed
> with the quality. In fact, bad sound fonts drove me to GigaStudio, which I
> now love, so you'll get compared to that platform.

All our products are sold below 20 USD (+ creditcard costs) because we thing
products will sell equal or better when everybody is able to afford them.
Since somebody will be hosting the files for this project for us (a strong
linux advocate who works at an ISP) we won't have bandwidth costs for both
the full version and the free version. This means that the 15$ price (+ 3$
creditcard costs) is pretty much fixed right now.

---
Roel / Utopia Sound Division
http://www.utopiasd.com