Re: [linux-audio-user] Acid for Linux ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Acid for Linux ?
From: Gerasimos Grammatikopoulos (dragoon_AT_interfree.it)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 22:12:19 EET

On Friday 06 December 2002 20:51, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hi,

> I think, Ableton's Live is cooler :) I only run Linux, but I envy my
> Mac/W32 friends for being able to use Live...
>
> ciao

As I said, it has a very different Interface paradigm... I've heard a lot of
hype about Live before so I checked it out some time ago... The truth is I
couldn't work on it! The fact is that what actually works for you is a very
personal matter. Same thing happens over sequencers: how many "Holy Wars"
have you seen over Cubase vs. Logic vs. Sonar? I've lost count. :-)

Let's see if Ardour is up to it (at least partially, it's not fair comparing a
"newborn" to well established stuff)

Cheers!