[linux-audio-user] Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Hammerfall HDSP 9652 Installation

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Hammerfall HDSP 9652 Installation
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano (nando_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 21:18:04 EET

> My new Hammerfall HDSP 9652 arrived. (The new PCI card, not the
> DigiFace/MultiFace configuration.) The Alsa Card Matrix says it's
> supported, but the version of alsaconf (0.9.0-1) installed on my system
> does not recognize it.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1) Does a newer version of alsaconf support this directly?
>
> 2) Can that version of alsaconf be installed without changing the
> version of Alsa that I'm using? (I'm rpm based from the Planet and don't
> want to break dependencies if possible.)

Alsaconf is completely independent from the alsa drivers (it is just a
script). It should automatically discover your card.

> 3) Is there a simple, straightforward way for me to install Alsa support
> for this card by hand? If so, where might I find the instructions?

Check the instructions on configuring alsa on Planet CCRMA, there are
details on manually configuring things. You could copy the modules.conf
file from a working computer that has audio configured and replace the
module name with the proper one for your card (snd-hdsp?).

-- Fernando