Re: [linux-audio-user] ISO images from Audio CD's?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ISO images from Audio CD's?
From: Speaker to Vegetables (speaker-to-vegetables_AT_pobox.com)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 19:27:18 EET

I think it's possible to extract a whole audio CD into one huge .wav
file, and extract the track-start times into another file. But what
people usually do instead is extract each track to its own .wav file.
There are lots of "player" programs that can easily play a list of .wav
files.

cdda2wav and cdparanoia are the basic programs for extracting digital
audio from audio CDs (keyword: ripper). In the versions I have used,
cdparanoia in paranoid mode still gets perfect results for some CD /
drive combinations that cdda2wav cannot read accurately. Inaccurate
read meaning the wav file ends up with a nasty noise somewhere in the
middle of the song.

There are lots of GUI front-ends to the basic CD rippers, if you are
into that sort of thing. If you are lucky enought to find one that does
what you need, correctly, you can save some manpage decrypting time
that way.

--
"Can you remember the future? Forget it!"