[linux-audio-user] iiwusynth and ALSA midi?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] iiwusynth and ALSA midi?
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 04:10:37 EET

hi,

i've got alsa from cvs (/proc/asound/version says 0.9.0rc6)
and iiwusynth from cvs (reported as 0.2.4 at startup).
I also tried iiwusynth 0.2.2 from tarball, with the same result.

What's happening: I've got a raw midi input device at
/dev/snd/midiC1D0 (/dev/midi01).
I've compiled iiwusynth OK (without readline)
and it can run fine with alsa's oss midi emulation:

$ iiwusynth -a alsa -m oss -M /dev/midi01

... and it responds to my keyboard just great.
Try to use ALSA and I get no joy:

$ iiwusynth -a alsa -m alsa -M /dev/amidi1 ~/Unshared/Sounds/soundfonts/drums/arap.SF2
iiwusynth: warning: Couldn't set high priority scheduling for the audio output
iiwusynth: warning: Failed to pin the sample data to RAM; swapping is possible.
ALSA lib rawmidi.c:280:(snd_rawmidi_open_noupdate) Unknown RawMidi /dev/amidi1

It doesn't seem to matter what I use for the -M argument... any ideas?
Is current iiwusynth broken wrt. current ALSA?

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com "Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"