Re: [linux-audio-user] Gentoo users?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Gentoo users?
From: Jonathan Kraut (jkraut1_AT_nyc.rr.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 06:15:40 EET

>>Yeah, I'm up for this. I'm not too familiar with making ebuilds, but it
>>looks to be fairly straightforward. At the moment, I've just set up a
>>hierarchy under /opt, where I manually (configure, make) compile +
>>install stuff. The trouble with this is that not all packages give the
>>option to specify a location (--foo-lib=DIR), and assumes stuff is
>>installed in /usr (grrr :)
>
>Alrighty then. I've started to ask questions on the gentoo-user alias about
>how best to deal with cvs ebuilds. Once there there are some answers i'll
>put together a webpage for the files.
>
>I considered going down the /opt path ;-) but it just isn't the gentoo way!

Jon/Mike -

Greetings! I'm new to the list and a gentoo user. I've been playing with ebuilds. I made one for jack-cvs and, which I'll email it to you, and to anyone else who wants. I'm working on some others so if you find a place to throw them up I'd be happy to contribute.

Jonathan Kraut
jkraut1_AT_nyc.rr.com