Re: [linux-audio-user] not quite so simple.... mandrake 9.0 +devfs help!!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] not quite so simple.... mandrake 9.0 +devfs help!!
From: Jan \ (eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 15:34:58 EET

This sounds vaguely familiar. I'm running RH but since Mandrake was
originally a RH clone it might be the same thing. I would build and
install ALSA and everything would work fine until the reboot. If you
look at the directions for installing ALSA the last thing you do is a
modprobe snd-WHATEVER. This loads the driver. When you reboot it
doesn't seem to get loaded from just what's in modules.conf. What I do
is add the modprobe line to one of the startup scripts in
/etc/rc.d/init.d. If you don't have one of your own that you're running
then the easy way is to add your modprobe line to /etc/rc.d/rc.local.
You can check to see if this is your problem by doing a modprobe
snd-WHATEVER. If your sound cranks back up again that's what it is.

Jan Depner