Re: [linux-audio-user] not quite so simple.... mandrake 9.0 +devfs help!!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] not quite so simple.... mandrake 9.0 +devfs help!!
From: iriXx (m_AT_irixx.org)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 15:59:51 EET

weird.... very weird.... apps are still complaining of no soundcard, but
this is output of ls -l /dev/dsp:

[root_AT_hamish alsa-driver-0.9.0rc5]# ls -l /dev/dsp
lr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 9 Dec 16 13:09 /dev/dsp ->
/dev/dsp0

alias entries are still there in modules.conf too....

one thing i didnt do last night (because the soundcard got running
without it) was uninstall the mandrake alsa rpms... i might do that...
after all rc5 source should have everything i need there... it might be
confusing the files....

thankx

m~

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom? info_AT_copyleftmedia.org.uk www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

_ ( ) ascii ribbon against html email X / \ cat /dev/sda1 > /dev/dsp

*** stopping make sense ***