Re: [linux-audio-user] Gentoo users?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Gentoo users?
From: Anthony (avan_AT_uwm.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 00:54:28 EET

* Jon Ellis <ashura666_AT_mac.com> [Dec 17 02 16:29]:
> This is Ardour from cvs. Nothing more. Gentoo already contained an
> ebuild to pull Ardour out of cvs. All i've done is make it work by
> updating the gentoo jack build and adding support not to compile ksi to
> the ardour build.

Is it correct for this e-build to set the asoundrc? Does it manually
ask you to configure the paths in ardour.rc? I think this is fine if
it is just a short cut to building CVS and ensuring that you have the
right dependency. In fact, it will probably help us avoid fielding
questions regarding auto-tools if done right. But, I'd hate to see it
clobber my config files.

--ant