Re: [linux-audio-user] new computer woes

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] new computer woes
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_attbi.com)
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 07:19:39 EET

On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 20:46, Speaker to Vegetables wrote:
> The symptom of breaking up file name arguments that contain spaces is
> produced by the original shell script and is not produced by the
> modified one. Either you didn't really replace the shell script file
> (changing all $* to "$@") or something else is also breaking arguments
> at spaces. Anyway so long as falling back to something else when jackd
> isn't running isn't working, the script doesn't really bring you any
> benefit, does it?

:-) This is true.

Actually, I see there may be something wrong with the version of
alsaplayer I am using. It actually doesn't run at the command line right
now without jack running:

[mark_AT_Godzilla mark]$ alsaplayer
alsaplayer: pcm.c:6293: snd_pcm_unlink_ptr: Assertion `0' failed.
AlsaPlayer interrupted by signal 6
[mark_AT_Godzilla mark]

This would certainly break the script also. I'll see if I can find out
why.

Thanks,
Mark