Re: [linux-audio-user] VIA EPIA-M9000 for audio?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] VIA EPIA-M9000 for audio?
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 21:28:42 EET

> These machines aren't that lightweight, I've run arodur on lower speced
> machines.

Really? What spec and how many simultaneous tracks?

Bear in mind that a C3 of a given clock speed benchmarks well below a Pentium
III of the same clock speed. You can fit an ATA-100 disk and plenty of RAM
though.

I'd like to build a C3 machine for the studio I've just started renting on the
Isle of Wight. I am concerned that it won't be able to multitrack audio as
much as a P3 or P4 though.

As for power supply transplants, I'm sure it could be done - you could even
put the rackmount PSU in the Procase to avoid wasting it...

Cheers

Daniel