[linux-audio-user] Music Construction Set

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Music Construction Set
From: JSusanj_AT_aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 02:08:52 EET

I recently joined a choir and I find myself behind since everyone else is intimately familiar with the music. I loaded up the Music Construction Set on my Commodore 64 and it is working out OK. However, I really would like an equivalent program for Linux. I need to be able to put notes on a staff to match the sheet music and then I need to play it back. The program has to be simple to use and easy to learn. So far I have found some very powerful programs but with power comes complexity so that none seem to fit my requirements. Is there anything available to do what I want?

Jeff S.