Re: [linux-audio-user] m-audio radium USB midi keyboard

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] m-audio radium USB midi keyboard
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 09:05:52 EET

On Wed, Dec 25, 2002 at 08:13:13PM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Yes, that's the bottom line. For USB, someone has to write a driver.
> The Oxygen has an USB driver (it's a Midisport inside) in newer ALSA
> versions,

It just uses the Alsa usb-audio driver, AFAIK there is no specific
oxygen / midisport code in Alsa.

What *is* specific to the oxygen is the firmware that it needs to load
from the computer when you connect it via USB. alsa has nothing to
do with this, it's handled by hotplug. I got my oxygen working and
detailed the process here:
http://www.edirol.com/products/info/pcr50.html

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com Look! Up in the sky! It's NUTLESS MASTURBATOR! (courtesy of isometric.spaceninja.com)