Re: [linux-audio-user] A level meter to test

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] A level meter to test
From: Laurent Georget (lgeorget3_AT_club-internet.fr)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 23:17:21 EET

Guy Clotilde wrote:

> I still can't close the ameter window, and as I don't know a better way to stop arecord, I do a ctrl+c in the terminal where it runs. Then, on the screen, the following line is repeted a lot of time:
>
> arecord: pcm_meter.c:546: snd_pcm_meter_hw_free: Assertion `err == 0' failed.
> Aborted...
>
> with this line at the end:
>
> Erreur de segmentation
>

> Anyway it's working :)
>
> And for the strange "config window disappearing" commentary... My fault, I confused myself with a vu-meter plugin for xmms I was trying at about the same days. What? I was drunk during my holidays testings? Maybe 8P

Ok , i understand better now! You can avoid the ctrl-c segfault in
arecord ( which could be fixed in some days),
by using the -d switch (duration in sec.) , if you initially know the
recording time :
arecord -D ameter -d 60 soundrec.wav

Merci (parce que envoyer des rapports de bugs prend du temps!)

Laurent