Re: [linux-audio-user] Soundless ALSA Newbie

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Soundless ALSA Newbie
From: Sakari Aaltonen (sakari_AT_aplac.hut.fi)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 22:06:04 EET

> There is a source rpm (for redhat) at the Planet CCRMA site:
> http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/
> -- Fernando

Thank you, but I'm giving up on TiMidity. There are just too
many versions and packages and patches and unmaintained
websites around for me. In any case, MIDI isn't that important
to me - I just want sound with DVD's and TV.

My ALSA setup seems functional now; I can play .WAV files, say.
But as xine demands 'oss', that's probably what I'll do next.

Sakari Aaltonen