Re: [linux-audio-user] anyone using hdsp cardbus

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] anyone using hdsp cardbus
From: Tim Mayberry (timmay_AT_pacific.net.au)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 12:33:42 EET

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 14:33, you wrote:
> I'm checking out my options for doing high quality audio with my new linux
> laptop, and I read about hammerfall's pcmcia interface to their dsp system
> and I'm wondering what people's experiences have been.
>
> http://www.brianredfern.org

I have the hammerfall dsp cardbus interface and a multiface. I use it in a
dell inspiron 4150 laptop running debian unstable and it works well. It was
much easier to set up than I expected, it took about the same time to install
as it did in windows as I already had alsa installed with all the modules
compiled so it was just a matter of editing a few files. I have been
recording drums and guitar using ardour and the quality seems good, but I
haven't compared it to anything else yet. One thing it does need though is a
better mixer as I think at the moment you can only control the volume of the
outputs in alsamixer or at least very few controls. I think someone is
working on a clone of RME's totalmix which should make the card more
appealing.