[linux-audio-user] Re: signal processing kits

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: signal processing kits
From: Fabio de Matos (fabio.matos_AT_terra.com.br)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 18:12:00 EET

> > Sounds good enough! Can it be used in real time ? Could i use it to
> > enhance LADSPA?
>
> I doubt it. The main problem is that these C++ classes probably do a lot
> of allocation/deallocation which is always a bad idea in a real time
> situation.

        I sure know about it. That's why i need low level code in first place,
to avoid any kind of overhead.

> > I'm not afraid of learning new languages anymore, but surely i don't
> > have the time either... it takes a while to master it.
>
> I learnt the basics of Python in about 4 hours. Within another 3 hours I had
> my first useful Python script. Obviously the more complicated stuff like the
> Python numerical extension would take far more time.
>
> Erik
> --

        I will consider looking at it. What are the reasons to use python
instead of c++? I have some experience in c++ code but has never seen
python, nor used any of its tools... and i sure would need the numerical
extension you mentioned.

        Cheers
        Fabio,