RE: [Rosegarden-user] Re: [linux-audio-user] midi sequencing

Subject: RE: [Rosegarden-user] Re: [linux-audio-user] midi sequencing
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 17:34:52 EET

> Also, there's an echo when I play the keyboard-- is Rosegarden echoing
> the midi input? How can I turn this off?
>
> There's a tutorial that refers to the "studio", but I can't find it; is
> this in a newer version? I'd like to set up the instrument definitions
> for the Roland RD-600 (does anyone have a file of this?)

Most of the Studio GUI stuff is new in 0.8.5, which was released
a few weeks ago. (I thought PlanetCCRMA had 0.8.5 already?) That
certainly includes device program mapping setup, and I think it
also includes the MIDI Thru filter which is probably what you
want to prevent the echo you're hearing.

Chris,
   Planet CCRMA has 0.8.5 in RPM format, but you may remember an email that
come from someone at Redhat saying the RPM names of earlier versions, due to
the extra dash in the name 'Rosegarden-4' caused some trouble.

apt-get install rosegarden4

should work. (I think the 0.8.0 RPM was apt-get install rosegarden-4)

   As for the echo, that's curious, unless he has a loop in his MIDI paths,
in which case he would have to shut off MIDI Thru events somewhere. RG can
do this in it's filters, but that only works when RG is running. (I
believe.)

Cheers,
Mark