[linux-audio-user] png graphics library for sound apps

Subject: [linux-audio-user] png graphics library for sound apps
From: iriXx (m@irixx.org)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 21:48:08 EET

just thinking more about this idea... and following up from the posting
below...

i've had a few people keen on the idea of getting some pixmaps together
for sound applications... i'd love to be able to design them
individually for each application, but what seems more practical
(especially as i have a book to finish writing!) is to make a library of
pixmaps in .png format, distributable under GPL, for everyone to use or
adapt as they wish...

i'd be keen to have a go at this, and put some pixmaps up on the web
when they're ready -
what i'll need is a list of what pixmaps would be most practical to
start with - obviously sliders, backgrounds and knobs (i'm not gonna
bring up the whole knob debate again though)... any other ideas come to
mind immediately? please feel free to refer me to your own apps as well,
so i can gather some more ideas....

would you prefer them in high res, large format, or a combination of
high res and optimised pixmaps?

also what colours would people be interested in?
i might make some slightly more experimental ones when i have time,
although my initial aim would be to produce high quality and practical
images that would allow GNU/Linux to compete with all those nice
graphics on windows and mac plugins...

thankx

m~