Re: [linux-audio-user] is ext3 ok for real-time / low-latency?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] is ext3 ok for real-time / low-latency?
From: James Tappin (james_AT_tappin.me.uk)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 23:09:35 EET

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 18:50:05 +0100
Frank Barknecht <fbar_AT_footils.org> wrote:

> How is the state of reiserfs, when it comes to repair broken
> filesystems? This was a serious issue some months ago and really kept
> me from installing reiser, and made me use ext3. Are the
> reiserfsck-tools stable now?

I used to use reiserfs, but I had a few apparently random disc
corruptions, which usually resulted in files being listed but inaccessible
to anyone (even root). It's a little disconcerting to get (as root on a
local disk)
# rm -f file.dat
file.dat: Permission denied

Of course it may be better now.

James

--
James Tappin,             O__      "I forget the punishment for using
james_AT_tappin.me.uk       --  \/`    Microsoft --- Something lingering