Re: [linux-audio-user] GWC & libsndfile

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] GWC & libsndfile
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 00:06:57 EET

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 14:56:20 -0500
Howard Sanner <flagstad_AT_mindspring.com> wrote:

> Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> >
> > My guess is that you didn't set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> > as required.
>
> Thanks to you and all the others who responded. I'm sure this is
> the problem. echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH shows that this environment
> variable isn't set to anything. I never would have gotten there
> on my own.

Sometimes its OK if PKG_CONFIG_PATH is emptry. the pkg-config program
automatically looks in /usr/lib/pkgconfig for its files. You only
need to set this environment variable if the sndfile.pc files gets
installed elsewhere.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"Don't be fooled by NT/Exchange propaganda. M$ Exchange is
just plain broken and NT cannot handle the sustained load
of a high-volume remote mail server"
-- Eric S. Raymond in the Fetchmail FAQ